Join Sophia Circles
The Sophia Institute and Sophia Circles are uniquely positioned to support persons on a spiritual path who seek to grow in the wisdom of the Divine Feminine and whose calling is to work toward a world that could be called a wisdom society. The Feminine Principle is found in the hearts of women and men. The Sophia Institute envisions a 21st century that could be called The Sophia Century: a conscious enlightened world, a compassionate, global community, where wholeness, oneness, sustainability, the conscious heart, deep wisdom, and the sacred are at the center of life.
Sophia Circles are high-touch (as opposed to high-tech), relationship communities where its members can interact and support each other in person and heart-to-heart through monthly meetings. High-tech tools – such as an online social network or Web site – will be employed to deliver content, reinforce Sophia principles and strengthen ties between the Circles and with Charleston in between times when participants can convene or reconvene in Charleston. Critical to the integrity of Sophia Circles is that participants understand the value and reap the rewards of presence. This is presence in the physical, such as at local monthly meetings and in Charleston, as well as in the emotional/mental/spiritual realm of attention and support.
Sophia Circles Mission
Leveraging the transformative power of the circle and calling on the presence of the Divine Feminine, the mission of Sophia Circles is to expand its members’ ability to reach within themselves to recognize and practice their unique talents in the world for the betterment of society.
The Sophia Circles will provide an opportunity for teaching/learning communities to emerge for men and women across the country (and ultimately globally) who are naturally drawn to the work of The Sophia Institute, whether they have already attended programs in Charleston, they intend to in the future or they are unable for any reason. Most importantly, participants support one another, fostering each others’ awakening and growth creatively and spiritually.
Jean Shinoda Bolen discusses Sophia Circles with Carolyn Rivers
- Monthly offering (video, audio or teleconference)
- Monthly written exercises to foster embodiment of monthly offering
- Private Facebook page for sharing with a global group of circle participants
- Monthly gathering in your local community facilitated by a local convener (launching in 10 cities in Fall 2013)
How will being a Sophia Circle participant help me?
- You will meet TSI members and other like-hearted, like-minded people in your city or community
- You will be supported by other participants in fostering each other’s awakening and growth, creatively and spiritually
- You will have online access to TSI programming when you cannot attend in person in Charleston
For additional benefits click here:
The Benefits of Joining Sophia Circles
- Offer to link people to others in their area who have attended Sophia events. You will be supported by others in your city in fostering each other’s awakening and growth, creatively and spiritually
- Early invitations to retreats with advance registration discounts
- Guided Meditations
- Access to all past and present Sophia Circles offerings.
- Inspiring articles
- Sophia’s Book List/Book excerpts linked to Amazon
- Annual Membership: An invitation to our donor appreciation reception with the guest speaker.
- Participate in a Sophia Institute blog.
- Monthly message from Carolyn – inspirational, update on what she’ doing
- News: updates on spiritual information, i.e. Dalai Lama’s trip to the US this week, etc
- Private Facebook Page for city-to-city connections
- Automatically receive E-Newsletters and E-Blasts with new information, videos, presenter information etc
Additional Information and Guidelines:
The inspiration for the Sophia Circles grew out of Carolyn Rivers’ thirteen years of experience with the transformative power of working with a small circle of women who agreed to hold each other to their creative and spiritual edge in their life and their work. They called on the presence of the Divine Feminine to guide their growth and the outcome. Out of this first circle, Rivers’ vision for The Sophia Institute took shape.
Sample Monthly Offerings
WOW – The Genius of Women* A discussion with Barbara Marx Hubbard, Joan Borysenko, Suzanne Hubbard and Carolyn Rivers. (Click here to read the Sample Monthly Exercises after viewing the videos below.)
Sample Monthly Offering – Part A
Sample Monthly Offering – Part B
“The most meaningful gift we can give our children, loved ones, friends and neighbors is the commitment to work together to help build a better world.”