Part-Time Coordinator of Programs and
Organization: The Sophia Institute – Charleston, SC
General Purpose:The Sophia Institute (TSI) is a non-profit organization that provides leading edge programs supporting the rise of the feminine, joining with the masculine, cultivating wisdom, mindfulness, and well-being for a more just, sustainable and conscious world. TSI offers retreats, lectures and special events featuring nationally renowned authors and teachers. TSI has convened Social Justice Racial Equity Collaborative (SJREC) and offers ongoing forums, Living Your Truth, centered on truth, justice and transformation. The ideal candidate will be in alignment with TSI’s mission and vision.
Primary and Essential Duties of The Sophia Institute Coordinator of Programs and Communications (included, but not limited to):
Exercises discretion and independent judgment to coordinate, plan and hospitably manage all programs, and communicative functions, to include, but not limited to:
Part-Time Coordinator of Programs and Communications:
● Overseeing program activities, including virtual programming, that include logistical planning and execution, coordination with presenters’ staff and other related event functions.
● Graciously and timely responding to inquiries, including cross marketing events and programs, and tracking reservations and donations through NeonCRM database.
● Responsible for issuing and tracking registration confirmations with all participants.
● Responsible for tracking donations and issuing donation thank you letters with all donors.
● Ability to communicate and express effectively, both verbal and written, with the Founder/Director, Board members, presenters, participants, and donors.
● Managing prospect/donor/registration tracking system, NeonCRM, which includes providing for proper recognition of donors and generating reports on development activities. Coordinating the development and management of volunteers and team meetings.
● Website (WordPress) management, including adding and updating program offerings, editing information on various pages, creating new pages and adding links to NeonCRM.
● Participating in planning and implementation of initiatives and serving as coordinator of communications in on-going activities, such as board meetings, team meetings, board correspondence and financial budgeting.
● Effectively communicating program offerings to the greater public.
● Working with the Board and Founder/Director in the identification, solicitation, cultivation, and stewardship of donors and donor prospects including the on-going annual fundraising luncheon, direct mail campaign, communications and marketing.
● Managing grants and contracts when received (supervising expenditures terms and conditions, reporting requirements, etc.).
● Proficiency with MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, Social Media, Zoom, WordPress, NeonCRM, and Vimeo.
● Communications expertise in creating email newsletters in MailChimp and messaging in social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Other Essential Duties:
● Implementing program with input from Founder/ Director.
● Flexibility and management of details is essential. This position performs other essential activities or duties on an as-needed or regular basis as requested by the Founder/ Director or her designee.
● Such other and further duties as may be assigned by the Founder/Director from time to time.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements (include, but are not limited to) :
● Minimum Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree. Minimum Experience Requirements: Five years.
● Proven non-profit experience, minimum of 5 years, particularly as it relates to working with groups, volunteers and individuals to plan and execute programs and support donor cultivation.
● Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Google Docs, NeonCRM database for donor and participant management.
● Proficient in the use of social media— Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and other platforms.
● Proficiency with MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, Zoom, WordPress, and Vimeo.
● Ability to communicate clearly orally and through written word.
● Accountability for individual job performance and behavior to include:
● Desire to achieve a high degree of excellence in job performance and demonstrate initiative.
● Ability to work under multiple priorities with tight time schedules.
● Flexible working hours are essential. Availability to work evenings/weekends of lectures and retreats required.
Prior work experience in Charleston, South Carolina desired.
Salary to be negotiated.
Please submit your resume and cover letter if interested in this position.
Job Type: Part-time
● How many years of nonprofit experience do you have?
● What is the highest level of education you have completed?
● Are you able to work in Charleston, SC?